Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, January 3, 2022

HAPPY NEW YAY! πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³



 Happy New Yay!!!!

I will tell you something, so I clocked into the new year a little angry. 

(I know!!)

I had this undertone of anger that stemmed from some people provoking me. 

I didn't even feel the celebration as I attended an "adults" church for the cross over service.


You know what I mean by adult church? It meant the singing was extra slow, and there was more Yoruba than I could wrap my head around, I just couldn't keep up. There was zero tingly feeling that we had crossed over into the new year, and to top it up, I didn't get to share my amazing testimony...which is mostly my fault. I got cold feet.


Anyway...It was like everyone was smiling and happy to have clocked into the new year, I was secretly grateful, but I couldn't find room to express that joy, so I kept my face carefully blank . In fact, I found myself careful not to grit my teeth at other peoples happiness.


In the corner of my mind, there was the voice that said "the way you start your new year is the way you will end it." (I have enter yawa niyen o)

And then there were the fireworks.

I saw so many on my way home and it didn't budge me, but then there was one I could see from the window of my room once I got home, and it was so fascinating that I could feel my excitement build, and i found myself talking about the new year, then came the strange sense of calm.


And I realized, Girl you got nothing to worry about. I'm done letting the enemy write it's superstitious notification on my timeline. If I am angry in the new year, God knows about it, and he's gonna send me fireworks, and if I'm worried about the new year, he's gonna send me music, and if I am happy, he's gonna send me a party.

So one word for this new year.


YAY! (input your meaning)


Yes Adonai Yes!


Love,

MaryA.

5 comments:

  1. Regardless of how you started, as long as God was involved, you're gon have a great year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      Our aim this year is to carry God throughout whatever emotions we feel

      Delete
  2. Change is constant! When the light of a particular fellowship seems going deep and everyone seems not noticing, try your very best to brighten it instead of quiting, and make it lively. Happy New Year to the cheerful sister of Christ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...Consistency is key. That is the only way to achieve a result.God bless you very much.

      Delete
    2. Amen!Great Sister!! We are the light and the salt of the world. Our light will not go dim but brighter and brighter, brightening every corner (family,church and place of work) we are in Jesus' Name. MORE GRACE

      Delete